And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A piece of family history...

K so in our bedroom on top of this corner shelf furniture piece we have, sits a brass vintage car. I have always wanted to bring it down for my son to see, because he has always been so in awe of it, but I know better then to do that, my hubby treasures this car.

Well today I asked him, what's the memory behind that car...he told me it was his granfather's sister's..wow thats generations back and automatically I wanted it down!! So I took it down, put a towel over it(couldn't let hubby see me!), walked out front with my son and let him 'play' with it...he was so careful with it, it amazed me.

I caught a few snapshots..here they are=)



You can tell I didn't even bother dusting it off, I needed to get this thing out of the house ASAP..lol (I think the dust gives the little car character)



I showed him after I took the pictures and he just gave me the LOOK and I said "what?! The pics came out good!", he agreed, so I didn't get lectured..heehee

8 comments:

Southern Moments said...

Karen...these pictures just blow me away..so totally awesome. I'm just in awe.

Jolanda said...

Aw,perfect pictures!!Very beautiful!!!

Tara Orr said...

totally worth 'the look'. what an amazing car - but the look on your little one's face - the fact that he was able to play with this treasure of dad's - priceless. Can't wait to see these pics in your upcoming projects! I know the perfect papers....

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi karen!!! love your scrap creations, your journaling behind the layouts and these pictures!!! Did YOU take these shots all by yourself? Gosh, what a great photographer you are!!! xox Julia Sáddi

Cindy Gay said...

Particularly like the bottom portrait.

Sarah said...

I think this may be my new favorite blog! You do absolutely gorgeous work, take wonderful pictures and I LOVE that you do tutorials on how to make things like your lovely fabric flowers! Thank you for sharing both your talent and instructions!
I love this post of your darling son with the antique toy car. He is adorable, and that car is awesome!

Jasmine S said...

Gorgeous Pics Karen. Your work really is amazing.

Rainbow said...

Wow love these photos and the story behind that beautiful car!! you have to scrap some of these gorgeous photos!!
Hugs
Lidia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails