And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Friday, July 29, 2011

Scrap That! August kit & Blog Hop

We are so excited to present this kit to you! The outstanding Scrap That! DT have really outdone themselves and created so many inspiring creations. We hope you will sit back, relax and enjoy seeing some beautiful blogs and some amazing projects.

First stop on your “hop” is the SCRAP THAT! blog. We have NINE MORE AMAZING blogs for you to visit today, each with some inspiring creations using the Scrap That! August Kit "Somewhere in Time".

If you have just arrived here from Ivana’s blog you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog and join us.

Today I’m going to share with you my project using the Scrap That! August Kit.
First off I made this layout using the BoBunny Timepiece papers in the kit. Check out the corrugated cardboard...love that stuff!!





















We received these gorgeus Dusty Attic corners in the kit, I inked it with a walnut brown then finished with touches of Distressed Stickles, which also came in the kit. Love the subtle effect of these stickles.


















My 2nd layout was based off a sketch exclusively created by LG for the August kit. I loved the simplicity to the sketch, allowed me to try something very different from my usual style.
These papers are from IOD's beautiful "Wild Spirit" collection.



















Alright and for my final layout to share with you today....
These papers are also from the same IOD line. =) Goes to show that these papers dont HAVE to be used with Horse or cowboy themed pictures! Ha! :p






















Now head over to LG's blog for some more amazing creations using the Scrap That! "Somewhere in Time" Kit.

**Remember, that in order to qualify for the Grand Prize of a Fully Loaded Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit you must:
1) VISIT ALL NINE BLOGS ON THE HOP, LEAVE A COMMENT AND BECOME A FOLLOWER OF EACH
2) GO TO SCRAP THAT! FACEBOOK PAGE AND BECOME A FRIEND
3) GO TO THE SCRAP THAT! SOCIAL COMMUNITY AND BECOME A MEMBER

There will be 3 great prizes to be won...a Scrap That! Kit, some Dusty Attic goodness and BoBunnt has put together an amazing prize package too. So dont miss out!
The hop ends Sunday at midnight!!
We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today. Thank you so much for playing along! Watch for the Scrap That! newsletter posted on our NING community on August 22nd to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

Alright, get to hoppin'!
♥ Karen

40 comments:

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Beautiful layouts Karen! I love all the texture on your pages. =) Thanks for the inspiration!

Shona said...

wow Karen these are all just gorgeous:) you are such an inspiration :)

Ivana Camdzic said...

Soooo stunning! Wow! I love the 'to be with you' layout! It's just gorgeous!!!

Lori said...

Great work Karen! You really did an amazing job with this kit! I love how you used the corrugated Kraft paper in the kit on your "To be with you" LO. Great layers!

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Beautiful projects!

Anna C said...

I love what you did with those Bo Bunny papers. Gorgeous!

Tina said...

Beautiful pages, Karen! I agree about the IOD papers, they are so versatile!

Vicky Alberto said...

Such soft and pretty layouts... the first is my fave this month!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Hi Dear
wonderful projects
I love it
xx
Leila

(I'm following you and I'm here for the hop too, ok?)

Pips said...

I really like the first LayOut you made - WAUW that is amazing! ... Well in fact i really like all 3 - Have a great weekend. Dorthe

Cottagerca said...

Karen, beautiful as usual.....its like walking into a world of grace and kindness
ava

Jolanda said...

Really beautiful.
I especially like what you did with the time piece.

Bubby's Momma said...

Karen, you really do lovely work. I am liking the distressed stickles. Never tried them before.New challenges for me. Thanks.

sonyaeverding said...

You have made beautiful layouts. I love your distressed looks. Beautiful kit. Thanks

Angie Brown said...

Such pretty papers, I love what you have done with this kit! Thank you for sharing :) Angie B

Ruby said...

Wow Your work is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole Brenna said...

I love those layouts... I cant believe that they all came from the same kit since they look so different! Really fabby job!

Ruby said...

Forgot to mention I am now a follower.

Fi said...

Lovely pages.

Sandi Smith said...

Such beautiful creation Karen!

Scossie Jane said...

3 beautiful layouts, such detail. Love how you have brought them together.... Hugs x

kimberly said...

very nice... love the coagulated papers!!! tfs

MichR said...

More wonderful creations with this months kit...Like what you did with the DA

Sandydee said...

These layouts are just beautiful. I love the way you used the corruagated cardboard.

Sandy Duley

Scrap by Rô said...

Nice projects Karen! Thanks for the inspiration. The use of the corrugated cardboard is wonderful.
Hugs

Rosana

Mona E said...

Fabulous LOs. Love those chippis from DA. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs...Mona

Fran Brunke said...

I was wondering where I could get cowboy pictures for the IOD papers...now I can see their many other uses - beautiful! I love the walnut brown and Distress Stickles treatment for the DA corners.

Dara Lynn said...

August's kit is gaawwwgeeouuss! Love what all the design team is doing! Your layouts are stunning Karen:) The sketch from LG turned out beautiful :)

Leanne4Ever said...

There are just so fantastic! Love your style!

Crafty_Lady said...

I love the first layout with the use of embellishments. Very pretty!

Lana Vassallo said...

Love your l/o

Lorena said...

Thanks for the chance to win!

Love what you have done to the Dusty Attic piece - love that technique!

I've been a member of the Scrap That Community for a while. Please take a moment to look at my gallery and my blog.

www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Lou Collins said...

These are such beautiful LO's and so inspiring! I am ashamed to say I have not come across your blog until now but I am definatly following from now on!

Emmy said...

WOW!!! Amazing creations! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Linda Pekrul said...

Lovely work Karen!

Ruki said...

gorgeys! love your blooms!

Nicolle said...

Amazing work! Love all your projects! Thanks for the inspiration..:)

sandi_serge said...

Beautiful work! I'm so inspired!

terriK said...

I thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas for us to view. Love your work and I definately am a follower.

Robin said...

Gorgeous projects Karen. Your photos are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails