And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Imagine

So I am pretty stoked, for 2 reasons!
First, we are expecting a BIG snow storm here in Prescott, AZ, we're expecting a good foot of snow!! The temp has dropped like crazy! ok ok a foot is proly NOTHING compared to what some of you may get where you live, but for us folks, this is BIG! So I am excited, we'll get to play in it as Jayden calls it "no!! mom look no!!!" instead of snow..lol its the cutest!
Ok, second reason, I got a Cricut Expression for Christmas and finally had time to take it out of it's box, her name is Betty;) I know, alittle behind on the Expression bandwagon, but hey I'm on. And I loooove it!

ok I suppose now I should move onto the rest of my post...
Here's a layout I made of Nik, as soon as I took, I knew which papers I would be using.
The pps are from Webster's Pages "Life's Portrait". The papers were so soft and whimsy, which was just right for this picture.


Here's a closeup of the bloomers paired with a handmade flower. The hyndrangeas on either side were cut from a WP paper. Love that sparkler rhinestone center for the main flower, those pieces are so beautiful and vintagey.

I cut the small circles from another WP paper to simulate snowflakes and just layered them on the WP lace trim.
Products Used: Life's Portrait Papers(US1748D), (US1749D), (US1746D),(US1747D); 6x6 paper kit(WPK16); Alphas: Storytellers Color: Paris(WS1025); Bloomers: Green; Vintage Inspired Netting: GOLD(WN1000); Lace trim(TM7043); Sparklers: Glitter(WGs01), Scalloped(WSS14)

Everything you see on this project, you can find in Tracy's shop, Stay True to God. Check it out!
I hope you find inspiration within this layout. Take time to stop by WP's ning InspireME.

Night!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the Cricut Expression! What an awesome gift- and one I know you will put to wonderful use! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you will create with it!
Your "Imagine" page is fabulous! The colors are pretty much my favorites right now (I tend to go through phases, lol) and what you did with them is GORGEOUS! I love all the feminine touches and pretty details; they show off the darling photo of your daughter beautifully. What a fantastic layout!
Enjoy your pending storm- I hope you all have fun playing in the snow!
Happy New Year!
Sarah

Jolanda said...

wow Karen,this is is amazing,i love all the Websters stuff on it!!
Have a very good new year!!!

LG said...

this is so gorgeous! I love all the layering here

Scrappin out of the Box said...

Gorgeous layout!! Oh you will love your Cricut!! I received two new carts for Christmas and I can't wait to use them!!

Cindy Gay said...

Your gal looks just like you and I like all the textures and layers of pink.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Hi Karen! This page is sooo gorgeous!!! I love the flowers and the bloomers...such a great idea!
And I love how excited you are for the snowfall (which has prolly melted by now) but should you ever want more...there is plenty here where I live and I would loooove to send some your way, hehe :)
Wishing you all the best in the New Year! Hugs!
p.s. Doesn't the Cricut rock?!?! I love mine and I am sure you will love yours too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails