And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Scrap That! January Kit Reveal

It's time, yet again, to reveal the Scrap That! January Kit. This beyond gorgeous kit features the entire collection of My Minds Eye Lost & Found "Union Square". The embellishments for this kit are beautiful and so well coordinated. I must say, this is my fave kit to date. Loved working with the neutral creams w/ pops of red and black, so dramatic yet vintage.

For my 1st layout.
The picture is of Nik, this was the night of her Musical Concert @ school. She looked so grown. Love love the prints on these MME pps.

I did some fussy cutting of the bird cages, as well as the frame. Included in the kit was a bottle of Diamond Glaze(love that stuff! Perfect timing, as I had just ran out of my own bottle.) I used it primarily to attach my pearls, just a small dab of it on the paper then you place ur pearl and tada its there FOREVER!

Here I made my own large flower from one of the red MME pps, I enhaced it w/ touches of the Xmas Red Stickles we received in the kit, along w/ the gorgeous pearl brad center. Look at those beautiful feathers, they were PERFECT for these papers.

For my 2nd layout.
I took this picture and fell in love with it. These 2 are so close, it's the sweetest. I hope they remain this close as they grow thru the years.

Included in the kit were some pretty butterlies, the smaller ones were handmade, the large one a Prima.

A closeup of the ticket, for the smaller die cut under it, I cut it out from one of the papers. =) The lace included in the kit was gorgeous. I'm telling you, this entire kit was nothing shy of gorgeous!

As for my last layout...a self layout :p
The title "My Fancy" was derived from my addiction to scarves. I bought my first one about 6 months and my collection is now ever growing,its INSANE, it's my fancy=)
I got pretty brave w/ my glimmer mists and misted the circle a few colors to match the blooms and add a pop to the overall layout.

These feather Prima flowers were my absolute fave from all the flowers in this kit. They were perfect for this layout. I needed a large flower as the main one, so I made it from cardstock to coordinate w/ the smaller ones, even plucked a few of the feathers off to attach to the big one.

I didn't have a 3rd letter "Y", so I got creative and used a smaller alpha set I had and used it as a mask, creating the first part of my title. First time doing this, and I actually really like the end result, it's different.

Even after making these 3 jam packed layout, I still have soooooo much stuff left over, flowers, bling, paper....I might have to make time to make something else using my left overs.
Don't miss out on this kit, stop by the Scrap That! store and grab yourself one.

Alright now I need to go finish the project I have sprawled out on the table....hopefully Little Man didn't finish it for me. :p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails