And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Friday, June 3, 2011

Scrap That! June Reveal & Blog Hop

Hey ladies!! Welcome to the reveal of the Scrap That! June kit, along with the kick off of the blog hop. Starting today at 10 am MST and ending at midnight June 5th. So be sure to join in on the fun for your chance to win a prize!

If you have just arrived here from Janis's blog, then you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog and join us.

Today I'm going to share with you projects using the Scrap That! June "Afternoon Tea" kit, featuring the beautiful Webster's Pages "Ladies and Gents" paper collection.

Here is my first layout, the picture was taken earlier this month from our vacation to Georgia/Florida, this was taken in Cumberland Island-such a gorgeous little Island in Georgia. This layout was made entirely with the Main kit contents. =)
Earlier this week I was inspired by Tomoko to use my border punch in a new way, punch your border then crinkle it up a bit before adhering to your page...creates great dimension.



















Check out the lovely Dusty Attic clock that came in the kit! Gorgeous! I simply painted it with cream acrylic paint then touched up the edges with brown ink.












As for my 2nd layout, a more simple design with a basic flower cluster as my main touch.
Love the green and teal color combo with this one... I kept the design of this one more simple to allow the picture to be the center of focus as there is alot of greenery in the picture.





















The technique item in this kit was "flower soft", my first time playing with this stuff and oh so very cool! Great texture to add to flowers!! Here you can see a closeup of the flower soft on the blooms. Awesome, right?!
















Here's my 3rd layout using this kit. Ok ok ok first off, this color combo is sooooo not my usual type. I normally go for neutrals..um bright pink/lime green..FAR from neutrals! But you know what? I loved it!! Its so bright and fun!
























Remember, that in order to qualify for the Grand Prize of a fully loaded Scrap That! paper crafting kit you must:
1. Visit all 7 blogs on the hop, leave a comment and become a follower of each.
2. Go to the Scrap That! Facebook Page and become a friend.
3. Go to the Scrap That! Social Community and become a member.

Ok ok enough chitter chatter, you can now hop on over to you rnext blog, which is LG's blog.

We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch out for the Scrap That! newsletter on June 23rd to see of you were the lucky winner!

♥ Karen

31 comments:

Nicolle said...

All stunning layouts! I absolutely love Websters paper and those embellies are soo pretty..love the swag you made underneath you photo in your second layout...looks like a very fun kit to work with...:)
nicolle@nicollelovesscrapbooking.com

Romy said...

Oh wow, your work with this kit is sooo amazing. You've done an amazing job with these bright colours and fun patterns and I love all the details that you incorporated too. Amazing work!

Carol said...

Beautiful kit! Love your amazing layouts! fabulous job on all the details! Love the layers! TFS

Cindy said...

Beautiful layouts. The detail of your design is just stunning.

Nicole said...

All your layouts are absolutely beautiful! The kit looks perfect!

Emmy said...

WOW! Those embellishments of yours... {sigh} Amazing pages! Love what you did with your flowers!

Vicky Alberto said...

gorgeous projects, the family shot is my fave!

MarciaD said...

I love your work! Wow, it is stunning!

Krystle said...

Beautiful projects!

Sarah-R said...

Gorgeous projects Karen - those flowers are fabulous!

Janet Z said...

You did the brights proud!!

Fran Brunke said...

Love them all - especially the hot pink/lime combo!

Robin Shakoor said...

Karen, your projects are beautiful! I love all of the detail work.

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful work Karen.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Gorgeous work Karen, I just caught a glimpse at the DA site and loved it! always a pleasure viewing your work! xx

Cindy Gay said...

I particularly like the special family journey!

Crafty_Lady said...

Beautiful layouts, they are very well done.

Crystal Thomas said...

Karen all of your projects are just beautiful

Silvia Mendoza said...

Karen like always beautiful pages. Love what you did on your second lo with the flower cluster. Thanks for sharing

Sandi Smith said...

Wow Karen...you definitely rocked this kit. Stunning work!

carlies said...

Wowsers your work with the kit is sooo amazing stunning In EVERYWAY!!!
hugs Carla

Kathy said...

I love what you've done with the June kit!

Lori said...

Your layouts are gorgeous! I'll be following you for more inspiration, thanks. Plus I love the Scrap That! kits.

Becky Dunham said...

Wow Karen - these layouts are so gorgeous! i love the colors and the distressing and that DA clock is to die for! i love this kit - of course anything with a name like Afternoon Tea is going to draw me in :)

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Shona said...

your work is always so inspiring....just gorgeous

Cottagerca said...

Karen, beautiful work. Thanks so much for the closeups and sharing the details. Inspiration all around..
ava

Michelle said...

Gorgeous work as usual Karen! Can't wait to get my kit ...hope Canada Post doesn't screw up deliver too much! and poop! I forgot all about this month's blog hope DAND!

KellyCreates said...

Eenie meenie miney mo....which of these layouts do I love so??? ALL OF THEM! Your designs are just amazing, Karen, and your photography skills showcasing elements up close are wonderful!

Ana Márquez said...

What a beaufitul works! I love how you put the elements of scrap and the colors that you use. Great!!

Sandy Ang said...

What a wonderful layout. All soft and pretty ! I'm having a Travel challenge here if you'd like to link up http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sandys-challenge-4.html

Bren said...

Totally love your layouts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails