And I will bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moths.
~Leonard Cohen

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scrap That! March Kit Reveal including a Blog Hop Adventure

First off welcome to our Blog Hop Adventure!!
We have 8 amazing blogs for you to visit today, each w/ some beautiful projects that were created using the Scrap That! March "Secret Garden" kit. The blog hop goes from today(26th)10 am EST to the 27th at midnight.
The hop starts at the SCRAP THAT BLOG, so hop on over there to begin.

There will be a randomly drawn comment winner from each blog, this winner will win a YUMMY PRIMA package! **So be sure to stop by EVERY blog and leave a comment along with becoming a follower, so we know you have joined in. **

There will be a special word on each blog, be sure to collect these, once you have put together the sentence, email it to
friends@scrapthat.ca .

All qualifying entries will be entered into a draw to win the GRAND PRIZE...a Scrap That March "Secret Garden" kit.

To qualify:
1. Visit each blog on the hop, leave a comment & become a follower.
2. Go to the Scrap That! Facebook page and become a friend.
3. Go to the Scrap That! Social Community and become a member
4. Emal the secret sentence to friends@scrapthat.ca

Ok now to start things off!!!
If you have just arrived here from Scrap That!'s blog, you are in the right place. If not, head back to the blog hop beginning and join us.

Today I am going to share with you my projects created with the March "Secret Garden" kit, the DT has been raving about this kit since we first got them. Its jammed featuring the Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime collection along with papers from Basic Grey Curio collection paired with the most beautiful embellishments.

This first layout is of my daughter when she was 5 months old. The colors in these papers were perfect for this picture. Lots of fussy cutting to be done with these papers, its great! For the pleated scalloped border on my circle, you can find my tutorial HERE. Very easy to do.

Closeup on the gorgeous Prima flowers in this kit, along with the fussy cutting of the blooms from one of the papers. I accented the stamen part of the paper-cut flowers with Diamon Stickles just to give them alittle sparkle.


We received a very neat technique item in this kit--a bottle of Smooch. I have never tried it but have always heard great things, let me tell you gives you a nice pearlized result. I altered this butterfly chippie with it.


Also used the Smooch on the rabbits apron(you can really see the pearl finish here.)


For my 2nd layout, is another layout of my daughter, this is a recent picture, having been taken early this month. She's so grown now!

Here I accented the fairies with some Stickles, its a great way to add just the right touch of sparkle to any project.

So I got a new deep edge Martha Stewart punch, its called "Vine Trim". Here's a look at it, used it as the vines to my flowers. For the mini roses, I simply made the bottom layer petals, and added the mini roses as the center(which I pulled off the Prima bling swirl we got in the kit).


For my 3rd layout, the picture is of my in-laws on there wedding day. My mother in law was just 20 yrs old in this picture, she's now 53. Of course I'm not parting with this layout. Its going in a shadow box for me to keep for myself. :p
When I saw some of the G45 papers were more peach-toned, I knew I could FINALLY scrap this picture! I was ecstatic, not to mention the Prima blooms in the kits were a perfect match for these particular papers.


Just to show you this kit was packed with papers and embellishments, I was able to create another FULLY LOADED layout.
This one is from MY wedding day in 2009. =)
This layout is a mix of the Graphic 45 papers along with the BG Curio papers.


Fussy cut the Curio flowers along with accenting them with the Distress Stickles we received in the kit.


Ok thats it from me.
Before you hop on over to Janis's blog next, you will need to leave a comment here and become a follower of my blog, also you'll want my secret word, which is 'SCRAP THAT!'.
Now you can head over to Janis's lovely blog for more amazing creations using the Scrap That! "Secret Garden" kit.

Happy Hopping!
~Karen

57 comments:

Colleen said...

This is a lovely kit! What a great idea to have blog hop! So much fun!

Sandi Smith said...

Amazing work Karen...loved every layout!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous pages Karen! I LOVE all of your fussy cuts and thanks for the close-up pics of the Smooch paint. It's a new product for me as well.

Julie Wasson said...

I am in love with this kit. Your pages are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Wasson said...

oh, I am following you now too.

Robin Shakoor said...

Karen, I just love your blog! Your projects are beautiful.

Tina said...

Gorgeous work, Karen!! Your dd is adorable:)

Vicky Alberto said...

Oh that first lo "blossom" is my fave... heavenly!

Scossie Jane said...

OMG - four stunning layouts, and all from one gorgeous kit - I'm following now, glad I found you via this Hop - your work is beautiful - Hugs xx

Beth said...

Great blog hop, beautiful work.

Nicole said...

This kit is simply magical! I love all your layouts!

Rita Jensen said...

Love your talent Karen. Four full layouts from one kit - awesome!! Thanks for sharing your blog.

Rita Jensen said...

Love your talent Karen. Wow! four full layouts from one kit - thats awesome! Thanks for sharing your blog and talent - so inspiring!

Deon Begg said...

Two Words: Beautiful Amazing. Thanks for sharing

scrapscape said...

Great Work!

Dara Lynn said...

4 stunning layouts from this gorgeous kit!!! Karen....what beautiful talent showcased in each layout... the pictures were perfect for these papers:) Now a follower!!!! :)

Krystle said...

Wow! I love all of your fussy cutting -- just beautiful work!

Cottagerca said...

Blossom is my fav layout. Your daughter was a very happy baby in this pic. Your layout really embellish's her happiness on this day. Thanks for all the details you share with each layout. This inspires me to try the extra special touches to my layouts.
Ava

Colleen said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Karen! :)

Sue said...

Amazing work!!! Loved every LO.

Kris said...

Oh WOW! I'm so thrilled to have found your blog! Your work is STUNNING! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa said...

Karen these lo's are absolutely beautiful!!! The papers are wonderful...ok I am thankful for the chance to win some awesome prizes!! Love your blog also.

Jolanda said...

amazing what a pretty work!!have a nice weekend!!

LauraFdz said...

Oh, that beautiful work. You're a great super talented artist. The papers are divine. I love all your work.
A big Kiss for you!!!

Roxanne said...

Karen! WOW. These are some of the most beautiful pages, ever! WOW!!!!

Michelle said...

OMG, Karen!! Everything is just gorgeous!! So many beautiful layers and details. WOW!! (I have been a follower for quite awhile! ;) )

Sarah-R said...

Awesome Blog Hop - Your layouts are gorgeous, glad I found your Blog!

Jennifer said...

Absolutely gorgeous work! I will be following your blog as I am new to using Stickles and you are a pro! Thanks!

Russellee said...

Beautiful layouts. Love the fussy cutting and the Stickles.
Dorothy

midnitescrapper said...

I love the colors in your layouts and the use of scrumptious flowers, beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Wow, i just love all the goodies you used from this kit on your layouts, Gorgeous!!

Dorothy said...

my goodness! karen, being the 1st DT to be visited, i am already swimming with a lot of ideas when i receive my kit. these are all sooo stunning!

Auntie Em said...

All your LOs are so gorgeous and are frame worthy! I love how you used the kit for baby pics(adorable), a grown up girl's pic (beautiful), vintage wedding photo (stunning), and a recent wedding photo (perfect)! You really chose papers and trims suitable for each LO!
Thank you for sharing! :)

Ivana Camdzic said...

Wow, Karen!!! Your work with this month's kit is beyond breathtaking!!!! I love all of your creations!!! You are so incredibly talented, my friend...And I am SOOOOO lucky to be on this amazing team with you! Hugs sweetie!

Janet Z said...

Gorgeous projects! I love all your fussy cutting!

Theresa said...

what goregous layouts! i'm now a follower.

RubyM said...

Gorgoeus work.

Lisa said...

Beautiful lo's! Hugs!

whimszeegirl said...

YOUR ART IS ALWAYS THE BEST....YOU KNOW I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU MAKE....I EVEN TRIED THE PLEATED BORDER AND WOO HOO IT TURNED OUT GREAT...YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL TEACHER...and I know that first hand..L0L...PRIMA'S RULE.

Shona said...

wow the kit looks amazing and your layouts are all soooo gorgeous, love all the goodies on them:) Awesome photos. thanks for the chance to win some goodies :)

misty said...

I love your lo's they are always so gorgeous!

Rhonda said...

Wonderful layouts! I love this kit! The cutting work you did is amazing.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

WOW KAren...amazing,. I love your work so much.

An Zeelmaekers said...

What a beautiful scrapstyle. I love ie all!

Fran Brunke said...

What a beautiful beginning! I feel like I'm on an Easter Egg hunt without the calories! Beautiful layouts - yummy.

Prairie Scraps said...

Such beautiful layouts. Thank you for all your tips. I've never used the smoosh paints, love the effect they make.

Lisa said...

Your layouts are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love all of the detail you put into each and every page. GORGEOUS!

Renee VanEpps said...

I am sooooo glad that I found this blog hop, and in turn - you! Your work is GORGEOUS, love your use of stickles - inspired me! And I love the pleated white (doiley?) - I'll find out later when I check out your tutorial :) Thanks!

carlies said...

Hi Karin
you make really beautiful layout, you are very creative,
I love all yout layout you made!.
Karen I hope you will visit my blog once how my work is what I make? follower and hope possibly maybe if you like!

and have a blessend week to!!!
~xx Carla

Sandi Cl~ said...

I swear I left a comment yesterday .. must be of down below. These are all totally gorgeous!

Tamir family said...

beautiful Layouts, wow!!!

Michelle said...

I am so in love with this kit! and your work is out of this world gorgeous!!
Off to follow you and am gonna come back and get lost in all your pages.

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Great Projects!
Just love every one!

~Melissa~ said...

All your pages are gorgeous!! This months kits is awesome. I've had the Curio and Once Upon a Springtime pp's for a while now and just haven't had the time to use them. I'll have to get them out. I love how you used the smooch.

Danelle said...

i love the fairies on the page. The pages are amazing and I could get lost on your blog looking at all the great pages!

scrappin_in_AK said...

gorgeous pages - amazing details. I'm a follower

janis said...

gorgeous works karen!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails